The photo session will take no more than 2 hours. I will be photographing the inside and outside of your home including all major rooms. I normally do not photograph the garage unless it has some very special features.
You can have a direct impact on how well your home will look in the Real Estate Photos by following these guidelines.
- De-clutter as much as possible, especially excessively furnished rooms (store excess in garage).
- Throw rugs and runners in entryways, kitchen, and bathrooms should be removed.
- Remove all personal items e.g. photos.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs in fixtures and lamps.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
- Move garbage cans out of sight.
- Hide all power cables.
The Home Exterior
- Mow and rake the lawn and trim edges, remove weeds from flowerbeds and around shrubs.
- Sweep the driveway, walkways, patios, porches and decks.
- Remove all gardening equipment e.g. rakes, hoses, wheel barrows and all children’s and pet’s toys.
- Remove all vehicles, trashcans, recycle bins, etc. from the driveway and front of the house.
- Remove and washing and pins from clothes line
- Remove all pool toys.
- Ensure pool is clean.
- Remove piles of newspaper and magazines.
- Turn off TV and hide all TV/stereo remote controls.
- Conceal all exposed cables as best as possible.
- Arrange books, DVDs, games neatly in shelves.
- Remove clutter and all personal photos from bookshelves, tables and cabinets.
- Turn of ceiling fans—moving fan blades just look like a blur in the photos.
- Move trash cans out of view to a closet or cupboard.
- Clean and put away all dishes and cutlery .
- Clear off countertops and remove any small appliances and clutter (coffee pot, knife block …)
- Clean all splashbacks, range hoods and large appliances especially if stainless steel (refrigerator, oven)
- Remove all objects from the fridge (magnets, photos, notes, papers …)
- Ensure all range hood lights are working
- Remove all detergents, dish clothes, tea towels …
- Remove bins and pet bowls.
- Set the table with your best China and dinnerware.
- Add a colorful centerpiece such as flowers or candles.
- Make all beds neatly (avoid wrinkles, lumps …) Solid color bed clothes photograph better than patterns.
- Clothes should be hung, folded and put away.
- Remove items from bedside tables (pictures, books, magazines, clock radios …)
- De-clutter (toys, games, books, tissue boxes …)
- Ensure bedside lamps are working.
- Remove posters and stickers from walls.
- Clear all personal items off countertops (toothbrushes, tooth pastes, soap dishes, razors, hair dryers, lotion, makeup …)
- Remove shampoo and other products from the shower and tub area.
- Make sure glass and mirrors are spotless.
- Remove toilet cleaning utensils.
- Remove all non-matching towels.
- Ensure all bathroom lamps are working.
- Ensure toilet roll is not empty.
- Close the lid on all toilet seats.
- Turn off TV.
- Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Close all blinds (I don’t use exterior lights when I take interior photos, but only interior lights).
- Put pets away.
- Ensure vehicles can’t be seen (street in front of house should be clear of cars) .